The Church of Saint Archangel Gabriel in Baničina was built in 1892, in the village center. It was designed in the Classicist style with the elements of Romanticism.
It is a single nave base building, spatially divided into a nave with choirs in the north and south, an altar apse in the east and a narthex with a gallery and a high bell tower above it in the west. It is arched with a barrel vault. A modest façade decoration, besides three profiled pitch garlands, is particularly featured with a detail in the west front. The entrance portal is finished with a triangular tympanum, whilst the entire façade is extended with a wavy contour attic and a small oculus in the axis. The vertical line is particularly accentuated with a slender bell tower extension of the west façade.
The church was painted immediately after the erection. The author of the fresco – painting and icons on the altar partition is unknown.
The monumental features of the Baničina church are reflected not only through its architectural concept but also through a fact that it is place of reviving memories of this area’s people and events from the past. Other witnesses of its features are a grave of one of the most significant heroes in the First Serbian Insurrection – Stanoje Glavaš and a monument to the fallen soldiers in the Wars for the Liberation of Serbia 1912-1918, located in the church port.