Cultural
goods
Publishing
activity
Gallery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
The Monument of Culture Uncategorized Жабари
CHURCH OF SAINT NICOLAS IN ALEKSANDROVAC
1 crkva svetog nikole u aleksandrovcu (3) 1387400178
1 crkva svetog nikole u aleksandrovcu (1) 1387400181 1 crkva svetog nikole u aleksandrovcu (2) 1387400184

The church of Saint Nicolas in Aleksandrovac was built in 1884, in the village center.

It is a single – nave building with an altar apse extended into and eastern aisle, side conchal choirs and a bell tower in the west. Spatially it is divided into an altar, nave and narthex with a gallery above which there is a bell tower. A modest façade decoration features with the use of architectural elements in the form of a roof garland and extended arched single lancet windows. A special attention is paid to the west façade design with accentuated, deeply set portal. The dominating part of the building is the bell tower with a square stand and a bronze plaque on its west side which says “ST. NICOLAS 1884”. In 1923, a memorial Ossuary to the fallen soldier in 1915 battles for Aleksandrovac was built next to the outside altar apse wall.

The altar space is divided from a nave with a tall partition designed in Classicist style with richly gilded wood carving decoration, particularly on the Imperial and side Doors. The icons are arranged in three zones and were painted in 1885 by Vršac artists Aca and Živa Radak.

The church keeps beautiful and valuable examples of icons, liturgical books, plates and church movables.