Nimnik monastery with the church dedicated to the Transfer of Saint Nicola’s Relics is located outside the settlement in a picturesque oakwood area, around 3km from Kurjača village. The name of the monastery is probably derived from a Vlach word “nimik“ (unknown, unfamiliar) by an unknown saint whose grave is located in a chapel Holies by the church. It is familiar by the name Marijanski monastery. According to a legend the church was built by a duke Bogosav in 1376 when the north Braničevo area belonged to knez Lazar. Nimnik as an appendage is first mentioned in Ravanica charter and in Turkish tax books from the first half of XVI century. In his report from 1733/4, Maksim Ratković gives a clear description of a very old church, built of stone with a stone arch, covered with shingle and not whitewashed. It had an iconostasis with outstandingly beautiful and old Imperial Door and two throne icons which are said not to exist in any other monastery. Nimnik was set on fire and brought down during Kočina krajina and after the First Serbian Insurrection and in 1825 it was renovated to a great extent, a witness of what is Joakim Vujić. Then the church was renovated with a hard material, had a wooden vault and brick floor. In 1841 a bell tower was built in front of the church and in the northeast of the church a residence was built where one of the first churches in the area used to work between 1851 and 1853. The building had a porch and three rooms, two of which were classrooms.
Nimnik monastery church is a single – nave building, arched with a barrel vault, with a semicircular altar apse in the width of a nave in the east. Through history it suffered many break – downs and modifications, thus its current appearance dates from the time of restoration in XIX century. Walls made of crushed stone were additionally built with brick in 1891, the work visible to this day on the church facades. The last restoration was at the end of XX century, when the temple was fresco – painted as well, and the old residence was brought – down. The iconostasis has classical structure with fourteen icons arranged in three zones. It dates from the time of church renovation at the end of XIX century and is the work of painter Milisav Marković.