Cultural
goods
Publishing
activity
Gallery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
The Monument of Culture Uncategorized Смедерево
THE OBRENOVIĆ VILLA IN PLAVINAC BY SMEDEREVO
5 letnjikovac obrenovica 1383150432
2 letnjikovac kralja aleksandra 1383150433 3 letnjikovac obrenovica 1383150434 4 letnjikovac obrenovica 1383150435 6 letnjikovac obrenovica 1383150436 7 letnjikovac obrenovica 1383150437 Narodna biblioteka srbije  foto album smederevo milan jovanovic  af 7 1395742042

In an exquisite surroundings, on the right Danube riverbank, woods in the background and a view on the vineyard, the river and Banat plane, the is a summer  court of the Obrenović Dynasty which has gone through many alterations during the period of nearly two centuries.  

Knez Miloš bought a vineyard with an orchard, meadow and a house with “three furnaces for the steam bath” from a Turkish landowner in 1827-1829, soon to build a cellar and a residence and thus permanently attach the Obrenović Dynasty to this area. Knez Mihailo built a modest summer house here in 1865 – a so called “Salon” which set the establishment of the ruling summer residence in Smederevo. Queen Natalija and the architect Jovan Ilkić introduced significant alterations regarding the idea of creating a summer court for young King Aleksandar in 1897.  At that time two side avant-corpses were added to the summer court, and the decorative elements were modeled by Swiss villas style. Romanticist appearance of the summer court from this period remained only in the old postcards and photos. After the Second World War, “Kings’ vineyard in Smederevo” became state property, and the summer court was turned into a villa of a closed type “Golden Hill”, so the modest summer court of the Obrenović Dynasty was turned into a lavishly furnished exemplary villa for the needs of protocol. On the occasion of the First Conference of Non – Aligned countries in Belgrade, a radical reconstruction of the villa was made between 1957 and 1961 according to the project of the architect Bogdan Bogdanović. At that time, its appearance was completely altered and obtained the Classicistic building characteristics. The Salon got a white marble floor and fireplace, and furnishing the interior with pieces of art and furniture for various epochs was done by painters Pedja Milosavljević and Miodrag B. Protić. There was a fountain set in front of the villa - a bronze sculpture Leda with a swan – the work of the painter Olja Ivanjicki. 

Today, summer Court Obrenović is one of t he most objects of the Republic of Serbia Government.