Josip Broz Tito as a thirty – four – year – old locksmith arrives in Serbia in 1926, where he gets employed in a locomotive and steel construction factory JSC “Jasenica”, contemporary “Goša”, Smederevska Palanka. The workshop was built in 1923 as an awning to a newly – built passenger cars and boxcars production hall. The awning initially took a form of sceleton system with wooden pillars carrying gridded roof carriers over which there was a board roof covered with “tar” paper. It ws used for disposing materials and was a functional part of passenegr cars and boxcars production process. The need for working space extention caused its close – down in 1925. Within the reconstruction the wooden pillars grid was kept, and their reinforcements were constructed by brick cladding. The requirement for zenithal lighting urged for the roof extention in a form of gabled, cascade – like “serrated” roofs. In the fields between the pillars which appear in the shape of pilasters on the façade, a brick and mortar composition was applied. Windows are made and the door is centrally set on the longitudinal facades in a regular, alternating rhythm between pillasters. In accordance with the functional scheme, the inside space was entirely partitioned.
In 1976 works on converting the workshop into a factory complex “Goša” Memorial Museum began, an area where the workshop has remained to this day. Great recovery and other conservational – restoration works were performed, new contents were intoduced – a permanent exhibition of old tools and movables, and the workshop area where Josip Broz used to work was completely reconstructed and the space was refurbished with the necessary tools. A bronze plate with a relief image of Josip Broz – the work of Otto Log was put up on the workshop.