In 1923, the Monument to Serbian soldiers died between 1912 1nd 1918 was built in a part of Požarevac City called Gornja Mala, at the intersection of Kosovska, Deligradska and Svetosavska Street.
The monument consists of a high pedestal on which a sculpture of soldier is placed. On all four sides of the square pedestal there are black marble memorial plaques with the names of 140 soldiers killed in the Balkan Wars and the First World War. At the top of each panel above the names of the fallen warriors one verse was carved: Breasts guard the Fatherland, for Holy Cross and golden freedom and BLESSED is the one who lives forever and greatly for his country dies.
The sculpture was built from artificial stone. A Serbian soldier in infantry uniform is wearing a long overcoat with a folk hat on his head and folk shoes on his feet. He is standing firmly with his hands gently resting on the rifle, caught up in the moment of a short break. The soldier is shown with a very expressive facial features and expression that radiates pleasure in the victory and pride of Serbian soldiers during the liberation wars. The figure itself is placed firmly and statically, symbolizing the strength and robustness of Serbian people, who although diminished in the Balkan Wars and the First World War, never gave up.
The area around the monument is decorated parterre. It is surrounded with a decorative chain on four columns with decorative lanterns. Complete restoration of the monument was carried out in 2005 on the initiative of the Municipal Assembly Požarevac, and the work was performed by the Regional Institute for the Protection of Cultural Monuments of Smederevo.