Trška church is the oldest temple of Braničevo eparchy and by its location it is the northernmost temple of the Raška style group. The precise year of its construction and the donor are not known, but after thorough archaeological and architectural research it was dated back to the end of XIII century. By this, the Exarch Maksim Ratković quotes in a report from the year 1733 that Trška church had been at that time 460 years old were confirmed. Initially it was dedicated to Saint Nicola and today to the Birth of the Most Holy Mother. Its architecture clearly indicates its belonging to Raška style group and that is to a group of smaller temples dedicated to Saint Nicola. It is a single – nave, single – dome building with a semicircular apse in the east, the nave split in three and a narthex additionally attached in the west, in XIV century. Spatially it is divided into altar space, nave and narthex, and several times it used to have an outside narthex. The church was built of stone with final processing in hewn cubes of tufa stone Typical for all temples of Raška style group, the Trška church facades also reveal the influence of Romanticism. The greatest value of the church is its west façade with stone carved and richly decorated floral and zoomorphic motifs in the relief. As part of the portal, there is a very important sculpture in a shape of winged griffons and lions which hold the Evangelist symbols with their front legs. On the west façade above the pitch garland there are two original inscriptions – one on the construction of the outside narthex from 1382 and another one on its painting in 1430.
The greatest contribution of Trška church is that by its style and type it belongs to the group of Raška school monuments in the border areas – to the northernmost of the Nemanjić state at the end XIII century. Conservation – restoration works undertaken between 1981 and 1988 by the Republic Institute for Monuments of Culture Protection in Belgrade returned the church to its supposed initial appearance.