At the location of the former Knez Miloš residential complex, and for the needs of constructing a County Office building - a new and unique object to hold all county offices and state administration headquarters –the last one of them, duchess Ljubica’s residence, was brought down in 1888.
The Old county office – a today’s City Hall of Požarevac City – was built in the period between 1888 and 1889 according to the project of a renowned Austrian architect Friedrich Gisel. In the Civil Engineering Ministry the project was approved with certain corrections of architect Jovan Ilkić and architect Dušan Živanović. By its size, architectural conception and decorative processing, this building of colossal dimensions and mathematically balanced proportions was the most representative and sizeable administrative building of that time in Serbia. Built as a freestanding object, the County Office building is designed as a jagged and representative dual composition with a design based on a Renaissance principle of full symmetry as a basic aesthetic postulate. It consists of a basement, ground floor, upper floor and an attic as a central part of the building. Angle forms of the object’s complex base and its architecturally richly accentuated central part with raised overtopped garret roofs create an impression of a palatial architecture. Fine arts of all facades is featured with rich primary, secondary and tertiary decorative plastic and consistent stylistic applied processing in neo – Renaissance and Classicist along with consistent compliance with all postulates of golden Academism. The interior shows wall and decorative painting surfaces that hold special artistic values. “Takovo Insurrection” display on the stateroom ceiling is one that stands out compositionally and thematically, while the staircase vault painting shows the Obrenović dynasty Royal coat of arms from 1882 with a motto “Tempus est meum jus“. The building distinction are also artistically painted space for specific purposes – a salon and private premises for the use of the Obrenović dynasty members – as well as artistically processed interior details (stairs railings, chandeliers, balustrades, wrought iron elements…) and surfaces processed with special techniques. In front of the County Office there is a City park built in 1894 in a place where once used to be livestock market. The park was designed and built in the tradition of classic French parks. Its scheme has the rigidness of academicism and is geometrically regular. It lies on the principle of accentuated floral roundels formed in the main orthogonal cross – section points of the park. The original plan was not saved. Geometrical scheme conception of the park can be contributed to the leading engineer at that time - Feliks Daleković. In the very center of the park, in its focal point, on 24th June, 1898 “thankful people of Požarevac county to their liberator and knjaz Miloš T. Obrenović I” erected an exceptional monument – the statue of Knez, cast in bronze. The sculpture was created in Paris and its author is Đorđe Jovanović – a sculptor well-known in Europe.
With its monument features, the County Office building represents one of the most valuable examples of architectural heritage with profane character, not only in Braničevo county, but in Serbia as well.