The house where Josip Broz Tito used to live in the period between 1926 and 1927 is located in the former Džemala Bijedića Street, today No. 67, Jovan Cvijić Street in Smederevska Palanka. Built probably at the end of XIX century, it belongs to the group of national architecture objects with no clear typological characteristics. It is a ground – level house, with shallow, old form baked brick foundations. It was designed in half – timbered construction system with wattle composition and partially with unbaked brick. Originally it had an almost square base of modest dimensions. It was comprised of two, mutually connected rooms divided by a partition wall and a fireplace in the middle. The four – sloped roof construction is made of wood, the roof plane is slightly elevated, and the roof cover is thickly laid old form tile. The facades are plastered with mud mortar and they were originally whitewashed. In the northwest of the building an extension room was made around 1930. Today this extension is a constituent part of the building. During the past times, the house yard with a well, another building and the former household movables of the owner Žika Djordjević, have lost their original visual shape and concept due to various unskillfully performed interventions.
Due to its historical and partially architectural significance, Josip Broz’s dwelling has been turned into a memorial museum. In 1982 it suffered extensive conservational – restoration works. The object was entirely turned back into its original shape, but this time with a new serving purpose. Immediately before the conservational – restoration works, a bronze plate with an image of Josip Broz was put up in 1977; it has an inscription saying “ As a worker of a locomotive factory, the president of SFRJ JOSIP BROZ TITO used to live in this house at the end of 1926 and the beginning of 1927”.