In the main street in Golubac, named Golubački square today, once named after a national hero Veljko Dugošević, there is a building from 1890/1, commonly known as “The Reaper“, but it actually belonged to a grain merchant Aleksa Popović.
The building was constructed in array on the street regulation line as a representative building for this surroundings. It was designed according to strict principles of Academism with rich architectural and decorative plastic onthe street facade. It is of a rectangular base, 21.00x11.70m dimensions. The building has a basement, high ground floor and an attic. It was built in brick on stone foundations, the roof is two – sloped and covered with reclaimed roof tile. It was designed according to the strict symmetry principle application, both with a base and street facade design, with that in the east part of the building a vehicular passage leading to a yard was formed. Residential buildings are entered from the yard and two – sided stairs. In the high ground floor there are the entrance hall, ceremonial hall and four rooms, while the hall leads to the basement and the attic. The street façade has a rustically designed high plinth, while the zone with seven windows divided with pilasters with chapters similar to Corinth ones. The windows are overtopped with tympani and under each there is a field with a garland in relief. Above a richly profiled roof garland there are three symmetrically set attics. On the top of side attics there is a single lying lion figure set while the central attic carries the sculpture of “The Reaper“, symbolizing argiculture. For a long time now this building has been used for commercial purposes of Agricultural Coperative and recently the street facade recovery has been undertaken within an aid project for underdeveloped municipalities of Belgrade city. In the same street there is a house of Vićentije Nedeljković from 1893, which used the Popović house as a model. Both buildings are designed in the same manner, with similar design of the street facades so that they leave an impression of „“reflecting“ buildings.